Palm Cottage is a stunning octagonal shaped studio, offering a luxurious and practical design ideal for Caribbean style living. The cottage is light and airy, is furnished to the highest of standards and has a stunning solid timber vaulted roof which gives the studio an enticing, spacious and cool atmosphere. Measuring approximately 8m (26′) wide and with a large covered veranda on the front, this accommodation is the perfect choice for two people wanting the luxury, privacy and space that your own cottage provides. A queen size bed complete with luxurious mattress is positioned centrally in the room and ample seating, cupboard and storage space is close at hand. Egyptian cotton bed linens, pillow choices including natural feather pillows, robes, pool and beach towels are all supplied as standard. A spacious en-suite toilet and shower room leads from the living area and a complimentary range of luxury bathroom towel sets and premium organic toiletries are provided.
- Luxurious and spacious boutique style accommodation
- Easy access to both the Infinity Pool and the reception car park
- Private patio with covered veranda
- Luxury bed linens and premium toiletries
- Hair dryer, face and dressing mirrors, luxury bathroom, pool and beach towels
Two cane and rattan armchairs provide a very comfortable seating area and the panoramic views looking through 24′ of glass fronted patio doors are absolutely breathtaking. The large and private veranda has a bistro dining table and chairs allowing you to dine Al fresco style and enjoy the ambience of the outside environment. The views from the veranda are spectacular and look directly over Admiralty Bay and the Caribbean Sea, Port Elizabeth, the surrounding natural forested hills and the mountains of St Vincent. The well laid out kitchen has a sink unit, 2 burner gas hob, full size fridge with freezer compartment, combination microwave oven and grille, toaster, kettle, cafetiere, Moka expresso maker, blender and a comprehensive range of high quality cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. An ice bucket is supplied and complimentary ice is available from the Pool Bar or the housekeeping staff.
- Well equipped kitchen with professional quality pans, utensils, crockery and equipment
- Cafetiere, espresso maker, microwave oven and grill
- Bistro dining set allows Al Fresco dining on your own private veranda
- Amazing views of the Caribbean Sea, Admiralty Bay and the surrounding forested hills
- Mature tropical gardens and bird feeders encourage local wildlife and Humming birds
The latest HD 40” flat screen TV gives access to our in-house entertainment system supplying high definition films, TV, music and Internet radio. The television is positioned to allow viewing from both the comfort of your bed and the armchair seating area. Wi Fi is available throughout Tropical Hideaway and USB charging points are provided for your convenience. A quality ceiling fan is positioned over the bed and for those really hot days when the cooling Caribbean wind has taken a rest, you can turn on the air conditioner until the breeze returns. All windows are fully screened and patio doors have sliding insect screens allowing you to have the doors and windows open and still enjoy the ambience of outdoor living without getting bitten. We take very seriously our guests health and having a fully screened and mosquito free environment is an important consideration when choosing your holiday accommodation. You can sleep soundly at Tropical Hideaway safe in the knowledge that there are no biting insects or mosquito’s in your room.
- In-house entertainment with music, Internet radio and TV system
- Latest technology, large screen, High Definition TV
- High speed internet, Wi Fi and USB charging points
- Fully screened rooms allow a mosquito free environment
Palm Cottage is very private, offers easy access and is positioned just a few steps down from our car parking area. The cottage is on the same level as the Gazebo and the pool patio area and a short walk through lush tropical gardens, around 30m (100’) away, will take you to the stunning Infinity Pool.
The very large Infinity edge swimming pool is often quoted as being one of the top ten pools in the Caribbean. The Infinity Pool is a stunning feature of the property and with the environmentally friendly solar heating, the pool can be enjoyed at all times of the year. Typically our daytime pool temperatures are around 33 deg C in Summer and 29 deg C in Winter. That’s an amazing 94 deg F falling to a very inviting 84 deg F in Winter. The extra 3 degrees C created by our solar heating can make an enormous difference to your enjoyment of the pool.
The majority of the pool is around 1.3m (52”) deep with a maximum depth of around 2.2m (86”). Curved and generous steps allow easy access to the water. There is a swim up, sunken Pool Bar, complete with fridge, ice-maker, blender and sink, a preparation and serving area and a generous supply of acrylic beverage glasses. Underwater coral seats are conveniently positioned around the submerged bar and this is the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine or indulge in your favourite drink or snack. Several underwater raised areas provide an abundance of areas to sit, stand, chat or relax and with the large cedar tile roof overhangs, shade in the pool can be found at most times of the day.
Adjoining the pool is a Gazebo complete with a large daybed and the views from here are just incredible. A perfect place to relax and read a book or simply enjoy the spectacular scenery. The pool deck is tiled using natural stone coral and provides a safe, non slip and cool surface to walk on. Sun loungers, parasols, sunbathing mats and various chairs provide ample seating and relaxation areas around the pool. The pool and pool deck are West facing and receive the sun for most of the day. A cooling Caribbean breeze is usually present and the Gazebo and large parasols provide areas of shade for the hottest part of the day.
- Heated pool allows for comfortable all year round use
- Swim up sunken Pool Bar with fridge, ice maker and blender
- Pool side Gazebo with day bed and stunning views
- Outdoor rinse off shower and pool towels
- Stunning 58’ Infinity Pool is rated as one of the top 10 private infinity pools in the Caribbean
- Evening ambient lighting around pool and gardens is stunning
- 24 hour views. Night time views are as breathtaking as the day time ones
The entire pool is tiled using natural stone pebbles in pastel shades of greens and blues creating a stunning, balanced and natural effect, that blends perfectly with the turquoise colours of the Caribbean Sea. As your eyes wander out over the infinity edge and focus on the horizon, you cannot fail to be impressed. Sunsets from here can be amazing with the elusive ’Green Flash’ often being seen. The setting is simply perfect and with underwater pool lights and discreet Led lighting enhancing the evening ambiance, the special moment can continue long after the sun has set.
- Complimentary transfers (5 days +)
- Maid service twice a week
- Onsite licensed shop selling provisions at local shop prices
- Onsite laundry room with washing machine, ironing board and iron
- In-house guide books, guest information packs, concierge service
It should be noted that Palm Cottage is very popular with our guests and is one of the most highly awarded properties in Bequia.
Guest reviews allow you to find out about Tropical Hideaway from the guest’s perspective and here you can read every review in full, ever written about Palm Cottage. READ OUR REVIEWS